- Homework is designed to provide an opportunity for regular practice outside the classroom. Student will gain the most personal growth if they can dedicate a significant amount of time (1 hr or more every week) practicing skills learned in class. HW is also an opportunity to foster creativity and practice creating strong compositions.
- Homework asks students to combine three things not commonly found together, in an interesting way, creating an original composition. Students are ALWAYS expected to use reference material to work from. Students need to either draw from real life or from photos of real life. NO CARTOONS.
- Homework is Practice. Growth can only be accomplished by practice. Practice happens when each assignment is done in the spirit of which it was assigned and not as busy work to appease your parent, teacher or anyone else. The habits, practices and expectations that demonstrate effort are taught in class. The amount of EFFORT YOU put into this class will determine the amount of GROWTH YOU gain from this class
- Extra Points can be earned as an incentive for students who go ABOVE AND BEYOND the expectations set for personal goal setting, growth and effort. It is not uncommon for a score of 6 or 7 out of 5 to be given on HW assignments. Any HW that scores higher than a 5 should be kept for a future AP Art Portfolio, Zimer Art Scholarship application, or college portfolio.
- KEEP all HW that receives a 5.5 or higher for your future AP Art Portfolio
Alphabet Letter ~ 3 things that start with the same letter
Clock, Door, Tree
Fish, Key, Paintbrush
Flower, Window, Zipper
Pictionary Card~ Choose 1 card & pick 3 things from that one card
Free – you choose the subject, rules still apply
Bug, Rope, Sewing Needle